For the second time, in as many years, Nasser Al-Attiyah wins the 2023 Dakar Rally with Sébastien Loeb finishing second — a full 80-minutes back.
Nasser Al-Attiyah and co-driver Mathieu Baumel grabbed the third win for Toyota in their Toyota Hilux Dakar. This is the fifth win for Al-Attiyah. His record is second to Stephane Peterhansel, who holds the all-time record with 14 Dakar Rally wins. Not only did Toyota score big with Al-Attiyah, they won the Dakar Classic Rally as well.
Kamaz was an odd affair as their powerful team pulled out for obvious political reasons, leaving privateers with Kamaz trucks at a disadvantage. Iveco pulled out a convincing win with Martin van den Brink third, and Mitchel van den Brink fourth.
Here are the other winners of the 2023 Dakar Rally
- Bike: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Kevin Benavides beat teammate Toby Price by just 43 seconds.
- Quads: Alexandre Giroud
- SSV: Eryk Goczał is the winner of the Dakar SSV race on his first Dakar!
- LW Prototypes: Last year’s T4 champion, Austin Jones (USA) wins!
- Trucks: Iveco’s Janus van Kasteren Jr. beats the (normally dominate) Kamaz team.
- Classic (cars): Juan Morera wins in a Toyota Land Cruiser