Both the GMC Hummer EV pickup and SUV are headed to the 2021 SEMA show.
The highly anticipated GMC Hummer EV is making its way to the 2021 SEMA show. These trucks will show off its collection of add-ons that will soon be available. The SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) show is returning to Las Vegas next week, and GM is taking advantage of the timing. Two Hummer EV pickups and one pre-production SUV will be on hand for folks to check out.
GMC will introduce about 200 accessories for the upcoming GMC Hummer EV. What’s interesting about these additional components is that GM engineers anticipated the consumer demand and built accordingly. By utilizing the GMC HUMMER EV’s driver information center’s enabled virtual auxiliary switches, many of these products can be activated without using hard switches.
Here are several stand-out products that will be on display at SEMA:
- Power-retractable hard tonneau cover
- An off-road recovery kit
- 50-inch roof-mounted off-road light bar
- Front off-road auxiliary lights
- Rocker protector with integrated assist steps
- Bed-mounted vertical spare tire carrier
- Sky Panel Storage Tray Set for the Hummer EV’s front trunk (eTrunk)
- Unique accessory wheel design in Tech Bronze (with Tech Bronze center cap and black lugs)
- Under-seat organizer and I-Bar storage
- Cargo management rails
While having nearly 200 accessories available is a good start; keep in mind, competitors like Jeep have thousands of OEM-backed accessories for their vehicles. Thus, the Hummer will have room for many more accessories in the future. There is a high expectation for aftermarket suppliers to jump on the bandwagon and produce many Hummer-friendly products soon.
The 2021 SEMA show runs from Tuesday, November 2nd, to Friday, November 5th. Check out our coverage from the event next week!