The all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee two-row SUV makes its world debut with a new design and a new powertrain option! The Grand Cherokee 4xe plug-in electric powertrain joins the lineup, and you can combine the electrified powertrain with the off-road ready Trailhawk trim.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe
Here are just some of the specifications you can expect from the newest electrified Jeep SUV.
- Targeting an estimated 25 miles (40 km) of all-electric range and 57 MPGe
- Total driving range of 440 miles
- 375 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Quadra Trac II 4×4 system with two-speed transfer case and 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
- 47.4:1 crawl ratio
- front sway-bar disconnect
- 11.3 inches of ground clearance
- 24 inches of water fording
- 6,000-lbs (2,720 kg) 4xe max towing capability
The 2022 Grand Cherokee is nearly a foot shorter than the 2022 Grand Cherokee L that made its debut earlier this year. The two share the exterior and interior designs and trim levels/themes. The special Trailhawk off-road trim is unique to the two-row Grand Cherokee.
The non-electrified V6 or V8-powered new 2022 Grand Cherokees will be available for sale within a couple of months in Q4 2021. The Grand Cherokee 4xe will go on sale a little later in early 2022 (according to Jeep).
Check out the world debut video below for all the details.