The Vanderhall Navarro will be Vanderhall’s first four-wheeled vehicle – and it looks awesome
Inspired by trophy trucks, the Vanderhall Navarro is an all-electric 4×4 that has an estimated range of over 200 miles. Not only does the Navarro have four inboard electric motors producing over 300 horsepower (500+ lb-ft of torque) it has four-wheel steering. This ambitious attempt at building a serious off-road 4×4 EV certainly looks the part, and Vanderhall says it will be based on an existing “Matrix” platform. Currently, that platform is used on their Edison 2 three-wheeler.
We are starting to see a ton of new startup EV automakers pop up around the globe. We’ve seen some promising proposals by a few startups. Some are only one step above vaporware, looking for investors, others (like Vanderhall) actually sell products. This new Navarro project looks like it could see production.
The Vanderhall Navarro is capable of DC fast charging, and it uses an onboard 6-kilowatt charger. It also has regenerative brakes. The Navarro has a fully enclosed heated and air-conditioned cabin. There’s also a removable roof section. Options include windshield wipers, Bluetooth “Kicker” sound system, and heated seats.
Here are the stats – according to Vanderhall
Vanderhall Navarro Powertrain:
- Four electric motors provide precise control of each wheel
- Motor, inverter, geartrain, brakes, and cooling system are housed in a single unit
- Use of advanced lubricants and materials means zero maintenance for up to 10 years
- Up to 60 kWh of energy storage
- Advanced battery conditioning system extends cold weather range and increases battery lifecycle
- Available DC fast charging can charge up to 80% capacity in under an hour
- Class-leading energy density from the use of cutting-edge NMC pouch cells
- 35″ Tires
- 18″ Wheels
- Carbon Fiber Brakes with Proprietary ABS Braking System
- Climate Control
There is no word on pricing, but there will be a few choices, including a top-of-the-line model variant that will have 35-inch tires and more than 20 inches of suspension travel. You can go to Vanderhallusa.com and see more.