The Hellfire 6×6 can be powered by a diesel V6, Corvette V8 – or Supercharged Hellcat V8.
Apocalypse Manufacturing, based in Fort Lauderdale, builds these highly modified Jeep Gladiators, which they call the Hellfire 6×6. Simply put, they completely strip the Gladiator, lengthen it, add an extra rear axle, upgrade the interior and beef up the powertrain. After all of that is finished, they go to town upgrading the exterior, which can include ballistic glass.
Check out their live garage, where they strip and upgrade Gladiators here.
Three engines are available: a 3.0-liter turbo diesel (the Jeep diesel), a 500 horsepower GM-sourced 6.2-liter V8, and finally, a 707 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 supercharged Hellcat engine. All three engines are paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission that’s been beefed up for the extra load. According to Apocalypse, “every Apocalypse 6×6 features a proprietary mechanical middle axle that delivers equal power distribution to all six of the truck’s tires.” No word on axles (I’m assuming 4.10s) or the ability to individually select and lock a specific axle.
Apocalypse actually has three different styles of 6×6 which give you different trim options. Apocalypse builds the Sinister Six, Doomsday and Hellfire 6×6. Recently, PRN Newswire reported that pitching star Yadier Álvarez, picked up an LS3-powered Hellfire 6×6.
Here are some of the options for the Hellfire 6×6:
- High Performance 8 Speed Automatic Transmission
- ¼” Thick Full Steel Face Bumper With Enclosed 9,500 LBS Winch
- ¼” Thick Full Steel Windshield Armor
- Door Activated Power Running Boards
- Three-Part Protective Coating
- Marine Grade Hand Stitched Luxurious Interior Leather (Floor to Ceiling)
- Modern Creature Comfort Features Such As Push Button Start, Back-Up Camera, Bluetooth, Navigation, Premium Audio System, Apple CarPlay
- Six Switch High Output LED Light Control Cluster
- Completely Removable Roof And Doors
- 8′ Truck Bed
- Proprietary Mechanical Drivetrain That Seamlessly Supplies Power To All Six Wheels (Allows Driver To Select From Four Wheel To Six Wheel Drive)
- ¼” Thick Full Steel Rear Bumper And Hitch That Allows For Up To 12,000 LBS Of Towing
- Roll Down Metal Locking Enclosure
- Fulltime Rearview Camera Mirror Display
- Active Suspension For Maximum Articulation And Handling
- 10 Ply 40″ Massive Tires
- High Output LED Headlights With Color Changing Halo Ring
While these vehicles certainly look amazing, we have yet to test one off-road. 6×6 vehicles have the potential for serious off-road traction and load capacity. At the same time, I think these cool looking rigs may struggle on narrow paths – and they might not be that efficient. Just maybe.
Prices for the Hellfire 6×6 start at $150,000.