Less Baja blaster, more trail tackler: The 2021 Polaris RZR Trail and Trail S get some thoughtful updates.
Polaris announced the “next evolution” in the 2021 RZR Trail and Trail S models Tuesday. the 50-inch RZR Trail and 60-inch Trail S get styling updates over their 2020 counterparts, while the Trail sees a small price drop and the lineup gets up to 60 total accessories.
Against the performance models like the RZR XP 1000, Turbo XP, and Pro XP, the Trail and Trail S lean more toward slower-speed off-roading. To that end, Polaris emphasized refining ride comfort to soak up bumps, useful suspension travel, and ground clearance over out-and-out power. The Trail and Trail S models also include a new adjustable steering wheel so riders can have their shoulders back against the seat on the trails — a thoughtful quality-of-life improvement.
The base 2021 Polaris Trail models use an 875cc engine delivering 75 horsepower through Polaris’ own continuously variable transmission. Dry weight ranges between 1,238 pounds for the entry-level Trail Sport, while the Trail S 900 Sport starts off at 1,283 pounds. All Trail models get 10 inches of suspension travel both front and rear, with 11 inches of ground clearance.
2021 Polaris RZR Trail/Trail S Pricing
As before, the RZR Trail and Trail S models are available in three trims: Sport, Premium, and Ultimate. Pricing starts at $13,399 for the base Trail Sport, while the Trail S Ultimate tops out at $18,999.
- Trail models:
- Sport: $13,399 MSRP – includes full doors, steel rims, halogen headlights, ZF twin-tube shocks, dual-analog display, 3-position Polaris Pulse bar
- Premium: $15,499 MSRP – includes electronic power steering, LED headlights, aluminum rims, On-Demand AWD, color-matched seats
- Ultimate: $16,999 MSRP – includes Ride Command infotainment (7.0-inch), Rockford Fosgate audio system, VersaTrac Turf mode, Fox 2.0 Podium X shocks
- Trail S models:
- S 900 Sport: $15,299 MSRP – includes full doors, aluminum rims, halogen headlights, Fox 2.0 Podium shocks, dual-analog display, 3-position Polaris Pulse bar
- 1000 Premium: $17,299 MSRP – includes electronic power steering, LED headlights, 2-inch Walker Evans Needle shocks, On-Demand AWD, color-matched seats
- 1000 Ultimate: $18,999 MSRP – includes Ride Command, Rockford Fosgate audio, poly roof
The 2021 Polaris RZR Trail and Trail S models will hit dealers early next month.
Here is a personal look at the rest of the 2021 Polaris off-road lineup.