The Sunlight Cliff 4×4 Adventure Camper Van is based on the Fiat Ducato, and so is our Ram ProMaster.
If you squint while looking at the Sunlight Cliff 4×4 Adventure Camper Van, you can see a Ram ProMaster under the skin. With one exception, FCA sill WILL NOT sell a 4X4 version of the Ram ProMaster in the United States. This is a shame as the competition from Ford and Mercedes both have them. On top of that, there is a factory-backed conversion of the Nissan NV that’s still available. You can read about that (here).
The Sunlight Cliff 4×4 Adventure Camper Van is a concept that appears built for adventure and ski enthusiasts. It caught our attention as we are based in the Rocky Mountains, and – well, it just makes sense.
Dangel 4×4 helped build this off-road system. Normally Ducatos are front-wheel drive (FWD), but this one has permanent 4WD. That 4X4 system features two transfer cases and an automatic viscous coupling designed to transfer torque between the front and rear axles.
Built for a series of adventure videos (one is featured below), the Sunlight Cliff 4×4 Adventure Camper Van is built for extreme athletes who travel Europe – seeking adventure. The series is obnoxious, but the idea behind the van is pretty cool.
Here are some of the details:
- Four roof lights
- Off-road tires with bead-locks
- Interior seating and sleeping accommodations: This includes a couch, fold-out bed and with a lying area of 1.80 meters x 1.45 meters
- Kitchen and bathroom: shower tray (also usable as open-air shower), gas burner toilet, 2 x mobile freezer, sleeping places for up to four people, many hooks / networks / Bags
- Sliding door right and left
- Non-slip GRP roof with gangway accessible
- Telescopic poles and hammock (to be mounted on the roof)
- Winch with 500 meter rope (can be used as wakeboard or water ski winch)
- Mountain bike jump ramp at the rear
- Inner side of the rear door with mounting stand for bicycles
If nothing else, this adventure van can help certain types of people find inspiration for their van layout. There is a lot of potential with the Fiat Ducato 4X4, this van makes us want it even more. Are you listening FCA?
Check out this video tour of the van and its features – and don’t take it too seriously. I didn’t.